How to become an official maintainer? checkout the requirements!
Published 2018-07-12 by Kuber Sharma, Ganesh Varma
To make your device official and be the official maintainer of ArrowOS you must fulfill all the below requirements as mentioned.
Requirements for the Official Device Maintainership Applicant:
- Applicant should be having a good knowledge over the use of GitHub and Gerrit.
- A proper commit history with authorship should be maintained for all of the commits being done or cherry-picked.
We have zero tolerance towards ‘KANG’ and one found guilty will be removed immediately.
- It is highly desired that the applicant should have a Telegram Account to be in touch with the team.
- SeLinux should be enforcing.
- All of the Device sources must be Open Sourced. No private source shall be encouraged!
- All the main device functions i.e, [Camera,Data, Voice Calling,WiFi, Hotspot, Bluetooth (and Fingerprint, NFC, Sensors etc if applicable)] should all be working to be fit for the use as a daily driver.
- Device sources should be maintained to not have any errors during upstream updates & changes for the proper functioning of automated Jenkins builds.
You can apply for the maintainership by mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include:
- Your name.
- Github, Telegram and XDA username.
- Link to device tree, kernel source and vendor sourc.
- Device name, codename.
- Selinux status, what is working or non-working, any other information team should know.
- Attach two screenshots, one of About section in Settings of the ROM and the other of terminal on build complete.