What is ArrowOS?
ArrowOS is an AOSP based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat. We added just the right and mostly used stuff that will be actually USEFUL at the end of the day, aiming to deliver smooth performance with better battery life.
With tons of custom roms available out there in Android Open-source community these days, where most of the users found to be using only a handful of features in daily life while bearing the extra loaded stuff unnecessarily.
Before starting this project, the team members of ArrowOS were using a personalized aosp based rom with just few features. It turned out that its been liked by many of our close friends when we handed over this to them. Many of them suggested that why don’ t we make as a ROM, so everyone can compile and use it.
This is where ArrowOS began! Our goal is to provide a stable custom rom without any heavy framework/UI customisations and trying to keep the performace to a full boost. Since then we have grown stronger with an ever supporting community of android enthusiasts and been trying to push out the most stable and feature balanced custom rom.
Why use ArrowOS?
- Timely security updates
Installing ArrowOS on your devices is fairly simple and a straight forward process which you’ll find on all our officially supported device specific threads on XDA along with any additional steps mentioned if needed.
Here are the common steps to be followed for most of the devices:
- Boot to your custom recovery (TWRP preferred).
- Head over to the Install option and choose your device zip package of ArrowOS.
- Go ahead flash the package and wait for the process to complete.
- Flash Gapps or any other other additional packages.
- Reboot and you should be greeted with the ArrowOS homescreen if everything went well.
- Double tap to sleep
- Network traffic indicators
Buttons and gestures
- Advanced restart menu
- Multiple power menu actions
- Inverted navigation bar
- Playback control with volume keys
- Waking the phone with volume keys
- Quick torch with power button
- Gesture navigation pill custom length
- Swipe to screenshot
Quick Settings panel
- Custom QS columns count
- Disabling and enabling QS tiles title
- Quick and hidden brightness bar
SystemUI themes and tweaks
- Dark mode color bucket
- Fingerprint on Display animations (only for FOD devices)
- Charging information
- Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
- Media cover art as lockscreen background
- Weather on lockscreen clock
We have a detailed post about how to develop ArrowOS for your device. Here you will find all the instructions of how to do it.
You’re free to contribute by pushing changes to our gerrit.
We also have a post containing the steps of how to push the patches here.