With tons of custom roms available out there in Android Open-source community these days, where most of the users found to be using only a handful of features in daily life while bearing the extra loaded stuff unnecessarily. Before starting this project, the team members of ArrowOS were using a personalized aosp based rom with just few features. It turned out that its been liked by many of our close friends when we handed over this to them. Many of them suggested that why don’ t we make as a ROM, so everyone can compile and use it. This is where ArrowOS began! with the sole goal of providing a stable custom rom without any heavy framework/UI customisations and trying to keep the performace to a full boost. Since then we have grown stronger with an ever supporting community of android enthusiasts and been trying to push out the most stable and feature balanced custom rom.
- Double tap to sleep.
- Status bar items customisation.
- Clock and Date customisation.
- Traffic indicators
- Battery icon styles
- Device buttons and Nav bar customisation
- Advanced reboot menu
- Enable or Disable Nav bar
- Navigation bar editor and layout configs
- Volume rocker playback, wake and reorient controls
- Customise rows and columns
- QS panel transparency
- Quick pulldown
- QS tiles title
- Automatic(wallpaper based)
- Lockscreen shortcuts
- Locscreen charging info
- Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
- Music visualizer
- App Ops
- Tap to wake
- Pocket detection
- AOSP recents clear all fab(oreo recents)
- Swipe up on home button
- Double press power button for camera
- Face auto unlock
Can’t find these features? Check out this post for the full pathmap of features placed in the rom.
Why use ArrowOS?
- Timely security updates
Installing ArrowOS on your devices is fairly simple and a straight forward process which you’ll find on all our officially supported device specific threads on XDA along with any additional steps mentioned if needed.
Here are the common steps to be followed for most of the devices:
- Boot to your custom recovery(TWRP preferred).
- Head over to the Install option and choose your device zip package of ArrowOS.
- Go ahead flash the package and wait for the process to complete.
- Flash Gapps or any other other additional packages
- Reboot and you should be greeted with the ArrowOS homescreen if everything went well.
In order to start developing ArrowOS for your device you must be on a Linux environment and start by syncing our source code which can be done by running the following command in your terminal:
Where X in the above command is no.of threads your CPU can handle.
We have more detailed post on this topic here
Before you push any of your changes please make a build and test:
If you have any questions regarding ArrowOS contact us on our telegram community here!